Mailing List Archive

Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie
Alors, la situation est elle confirmée par d'autres utilisateurs ?

Quelqu'un a t-il demandé sur wikiar-l ? (peut être des tunisiens ?)

------

Someone reported Wikipedia being blocked in Tunisia.

Is there someone able to second ? Mido ?

Anthere
Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
Zut! Plus pays qui n'aime pas le Wikipédia.

------

Darn! More countries who don't like Wikipedia.

Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
Alors, c'est confirmé ?

----

So, it's confirmed?

Op 24-nov-2006, om 17:13 heeft James Hare het volgende geschreven:

> Zut! Plus pays qui n'aime pas le Wikipédia.

Michiel Sikma <michiel@thingmajig.org>
Web designer and programmer

Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
I've heard nothing about this in fact,
However, I can't see a reason for this blockage.
nothing that happened lately that could trigger such an action
I've left a message in the village pump and hope someone will confirm this
or hopefully deny it
also, there are 2 Tunisian wikipedians that I know of in Arabic wikipedia,
both didn't edit from yesterday morning
I hope this's just a coincidence, I've sent one of them an e-mail to ask
about this.

I hope that this is just a rumor and get a confirmation on this.

--
Mido

Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
Someone posted in Arabic Village pump confirming the blockage of Wikipedia
in Tunisia
he said he's posting from Tunisia using a proxy.
can anything be done to see what's the reason behind that?
I'm so sorry for this indeed

--
Mido
Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
Perhaps you can ask him if there was anything controversial going on
in Tunesia lately. Such as politicians or policemen involved in
scandals; if this is an act of censorship, then that's the alley we
need to be finding our answers in. It could otherwise have been a
decision that was made before, not in response to recent events,
which was only just recently put into effect. I think only Tunesians
will be able to tell us the reason.

Op 26-nov-2006, om 18:58 heeft Mohamed Ibrahim het volgende geschreven:

Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
On 26/11/06, Mohamed Ibrahim <mido.architect@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone posted in Arabic Village pump confirming the blockage of Wikipedia
> in Tunisia

A quick question - is this just the Arabic wikipedia, all of
*.wikipedia.org, or all Wikimedia sites?

--
- Andrew Gray
andrew.gray@dunelm.org.uk
Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
All Wikmedia projects are blocked, as he mentioned
plus that Tunisian wikipedians didn't appear since then
also when I tried to contact other Tunisians, one said to me that it's usual
to block sites in Tunisia
I'll try to get more info on this matter.

--
Mido

Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
one of the Tunisian Wikipedians reported just now that Wikipedia
has been unblocked, I hope this doesn't happen again

--
Mido

On 11/27/06, Mohamed Ibrahim <mido.architect@gmail.com> wrote:

> All Wikmedia projects are blocked, as he mentioned
> plus that Tunisian wikipedians didn't appear since then
> also when I tried to contact other Tunisians, one said to me that it's
> usual to block sites in Tunisia
> I'll try to get more info on this matter.
>
> --
> Mido
>

> On 11/27/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 26/11/06, Mohamed Ibrahim <mido.architect@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Someone posted in Arabic Village pump confirming the blockage of
> > Wikipedia
> > > in Tunisia
> >
> > A quick question - is this just the Arabic wikipedia, all of
> > *.wikipedia.org, or all Wikimedia sites?
> >
> > --
> > - Andrew Gray
> > andrew.gray@dunelm.org.uk

- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/ "Share your knowledge"
El koon kolo beydoor we e7na WAYAH bendoor....
Re: Wikipedia ne fonctionne plus en Tunisie [ In reply to ]
On 11/27/06, Mohamed Ibrahim <mido.architect@gmail.com> wrote:
> All Wikmedia projects are blocked, as he mentioned
> plus that Tunisian wikipedians didn't appear since then
> also when I tried to contact other Tunisians, one said to me that it's usual
> to block sites in Tunisia

Yes that was why some people considered it rather ironic that it paid
host to the World Summit on the Information Society:

Tunisia is one of the countries we will always be at risk of being blocked from.

--
geni