* rather young and still little organised
* very largely based on volunteer work
* with little money (not the pouring barrels some non profits get...)

We'd like to contact some "similar-like" organisations to share best
practices.

Do you have names to suggest (not necessarily limited to open source or
free software)

Ant

Re: out of your mind.... [ In reply to ]
Anthere wrote:

>If you had to cite organisations which share a lot with our, which
>organisations would you cite ?
>
>Key words here being
>* rather young and still little organised
>* very largely based on volunteer work
>* with little money (not the pouring barrels some non profits get...)
>
>We'd like to contact some "similar-like" organisations to share best
>practices.
>
>Do you have names to suggest (not necessarily limited to open source or
>free software)
>
>Ant

OSDL. LKML/kernel.org (0 $$$ coming in)

Jeff
Re: out of your mind.... [ In reply to ]
This is just right off the top of my head, but what about The Degree
Confluence Project (home page: http://www.confluence.org/)?

They aren't a wiki, but their entries are text and images submitted
willingly and freely by volunteers. If I remember correctly, those willing
to upload anything need to fill an online form releasing all the material -
their howto page explains how to submit material
(http://www.confluence.org/howto/visitsubmit.php). Furthermore, they've
been around for a few years with relative success, so it's not a "new
thing".

I'm not sure if that is what would interest you, Ant, but I thought it would
be worth at least bringing it up.

All the best,

Redux

Re: out of your mind.... [ In reply to ]
interesting project !
There are three points in my region already...

In this case, it can not help. They state they are non profit, but also
not incorporated... :-( And this is where I am looking for a model.

But fun project :-)

ant

Re: out of your mind.... [ In reply to ]
On 11/21/06, Anthere <Anthere9@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you had to cite organisations which share a lot with our, which
> organisations would you cite ?
>
> Key words here being
> * rather young and still little organised
> * very largely based on volunteer work
> * with little money (not the pouring barrels some non profits get...)

Citizendium
Re: out of your mind.... [ In reply to ]
A good example is OurMedia (www.ourmedia.org)

-ilya haykinson