The Resources of Sheboygan Club
(920) 547-4934
www.roscfriends.tripod.com

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
Look Rosc

This list is NOT an advertisment roll.
PLEASE, do not spam us.

You stop that NOW.

Thanks

Ant

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
Look,

For every new member ROSC gets, we donate $2 to www.wikinews.org.

Last I know, no other club did that for wiki.

ROSC Club Director wrote:
> The Resources of Sheboygan Club (ROSC) is having their 2006 Fall Membership Drive.
>
> Membership is free and open to everyone. And those who donate 5 or more Box Tops to the Club, we will donate $2 to www.wikinews.org.
>
> You can sign up by visiting: http://www.roscfriends.tripod.com/rosc/application.html
>

> Yours Truly,
> Club Director & Founder
> The Resources of Sheboygan Club
> (920) 547-4934
> www.roscfriends.tripod.com

Yours Truly,
Club Volunteer
The Resources of Sheboygan Club
Phone: (920) 547-4939
EMail: resourcesofsheboygan@yahoo.com
Web: www.rosc.znn.com

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
Look,

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
This is an advertisment nonetheless.
And several editors have already asked that you be blocked from the
list. So, just do not do it.

Incidently, may I ask you how you intend to make sure that these 2
dollars actually get to wikinews ?

ant

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
I plan to make a check out to the Wikimedia Foundation and and send it to the address. This is an advertisment nonetheless.

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
Then still, how do you plan to make sure the money goes to wiki*news*
? Listening to Anthere's intonation, for the record, she is
boardmember of that same foundtaion, I guess that is not very
obvious...

Effe

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
A Letter and Check will be mailed to Wiki and it will say to doante the money to Wikinews.

If thats not going to work, I will be on the phone.

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
Some people fail to grasp the level of passion that many of our
participants feel about advertising. They need to be reminded that a
few years ago a significant group broke away at the mere suggestion that
the site might carry advertising. The ads never happened, but the group
still broke away.

Ec

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
Dear ROSC Club Director,

Thanks for your kind wishes towards wikinews. (Are you a regular
reader? When did you discover it? What do you like best about it?)

It's nice that you are planning to donate some of your club dues
to Wikinews. This isn't the right forum for that kind of announcement.
Please be careful about how you discuss your own organizations on
Wikipedia (even on your own userpage) and on this list.

To the list: learning to write in an NPOV fashion is hard.
Finding the line between announcing something you are proud of
and self-promotion can be tricky. Please assume good faith and
be of good cheer, especially with list newbies.

SJ

+++ ROSC Club Director [03/10/06 14:32 -0700]:

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
The Resources of Sheboygan Club will do anything we can do to help Wiki. That even means donating money.

Ray Saintonge <saintonge@telus.net> wrote: Some people fail to grasp the level of passion that many of our

Re: Club Membership [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/06, SJ Klein <meta.sj@gmail.com> wrote:
> To the list: learning to write in an NPOV fashion is hard.
> Finding the line between announcing something you are proud of
> and self-promotion can be tricky. Please assume good faith and
> be of good cheer, especially with list newbies.

Sorry, Samuel, here I have a different opinion.
During the Election, I heard from several jawiki editors like the
below: I am subscribing foundation-l still now though, I read it today
seldom. Too high traffic, a bunch of slangs. Too hard to follow
topics. It is very discouragous when I found some mail is totally
off-topic after I spent some minutes with my dictionary". And I would
like to add some of them are better translators than me. They just
aren't familiar to garbage collecting type readings.

I don't oppose generally "assume good faith" axiom. But here you
English native speakers are better to be aware such postings
discourage the legitimate part of Wikimedia project who have been
working also on a good faith to be involved foundation activity
dimension.

Or it is a privilage for native English speaker and ESL speakers?

--
Kizu Naoko
Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org