and extensions included and configured.

ftp://www.wikigadugi.org/wiki/MediaWiki/mediawiki-1.7.1.WG-20060904.tar.gz.bz2

Jeff
Re: Wikipedia 20060817 XML dump support for MediaWiki 1.7.1 [ In reply to ]
Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:
> I experienced problems importing the 20060817 enwiki dumps using
> MediaWiki 1.7.1 with the machine translation project, so I put together
> a bzip2 package with MediaWiki 1.7.1 with all the extensions and PHP
> fixes necessary to use the Wikipedia enwiki dumps which also includes
> all the support extensions for Native Cherokee and other Machine
> translation projects. The updated bzip2 package may be useful to others
> since the released MediaWiki 1.7.1 does not run with the XML dumps
> currently published by the Wikimedia Foundation without all these fixes
> and extensions included and configured.
>
> ftp://www.wikigadugi.org/wiki/MediaWiki/mediawiki-1.7.1.WG-20060904.tar.gz.bz2
>
> Jeff
This is not the right list for this type of message. I am not a
moderator, but I would like to kindly ask you to refrain from posting
such things in the future, as this is not remotely a foundation issue.

Thank you,
Filip
Re: Wikipedia 20060817 XML dump support for MediaWiki 1.7.1 [ In reply to ]
On 05/09/06, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey@wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:

> I experienced problems importing the 20060817 enwiki dumps using
> MediaWiki 1.7.1 with the machine translation project, so I put together

You want to ask wikitech-l about this (Wikimedia-related technical discussions).

- d.
Re: Wikipedia 20060817 XML dump support for MediaWiki 1.7.1 [ In reply to ]
Filip Maljkovic wrote:

>This is not the right list for this type of message. I am not a
>moderator, but I would like to kindly ask you to refrain from posting
>such things in the future, as this is not remotely a foundation issue.
>
>Thank you,
>Filip

Whether the Foundations XML dumps work with MediaWiki are a legitimate
foundation issue. I am a lawfully organized business enterprise who
supports the Foundation and its goals and provides MediaWiki apliances.
The foundation should know when MediaWiki has been intentionally broken
not to function with the standard XML dumps.

Jeff