year, the email was thrown in the trash -- and after they
reviewed the article on me and the press issues with the JFK story, they
told me they won't ever accept them again from
Wikipedia.

There's also the problem with the Asian ISP's -- they could care less
and won't respond, esspecially the ones in Taiwan --
I've tried.

Jeff
Re: enwiki dumps are busted/ISP Response to Fred [ In reply to ]
On 8/7/06, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey@wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know when the enwiki dump will get fixed?

> anyone's side but their own. They have no incentive to listen
> and Wikipedia has a serious credibility problem with many of them due to
> the fact that any of the 600+ admins can file these
> reports, and many of them are malicious and spoofed. Your suggestion
> they should only come from the ARBCOM is a good
> one. Last time an administrator sent an ISP complaint in on me last
> year, the email was thrown in the trash -- and after they
> reviewed the article on me and the press issues with the JFK story, they
> told me they won't ever accept them again from
> Wikipedia.
>
> There's also the problem with the Asian ISP's -- they could care less
> and won't respond, esspecially the ones in Taiwan --
> I've tried.
>
> Jeff

Basically, the foundation needs to make these complaints via official
channels. There is no use for each admin to bombard them with such
complaints.
Re: enwiki dumps are busted/ISP Response to Fred [ In reply to ]
On Aug 6, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

> anyone's side but their own.

Actually I am getting cooperation. The technician has suggested a
good solution is to put their customer who is behind Tojo on a fixed
ip. This solution does not require them to lose a customer. In fact,
it is a sort of upgrade.

Fred

Re: enwiki dumps are busted/ISP Response to Fred [ In reply to ]
Nathan Carter wrote:

>On 8/7/06, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey@wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know when the enwiki dump will get fixed?

>>anyone's side but their own. They have no incentive to listen
>>and Wikipedia has a serious credibility problem with many of them due to
>>the fact that any of the 600+ admins can file these
>>reports, and many of them are malicious and spoofed. Your suggestion
>>they should only come from the ARBCOM is a good
>>one. Last time an administrator sent an ISP complaint in on me last
>>year, the email was thrown in the trash -- and after they
>>reviewed the article on me and the press issues with the JFK story, they
>>told me they won't ever accept them again from
>>Wikipedia.
>>
>>There's also the problem with the Asian ISP's -- they could care less
>>and won't respond, esspecially the ones in Taiwan --
>>I've tried.
>>
>>Jeff
>>

>Basically, the foundation needs to make these complaints via official
>channels. There is no use for each admin to bombard them with such
>complaints.

Absolutely correct. They WILL take a letter from Brad or Fred seriously.
No Question of that.

Jeff
Re: enwiki dumps are busted/ISP Response to Fred [ In reply to ]
Fred Bauder wrote:

>On Aug 6, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

>>anyone's side but their own.
>>

>Actually I am getting cooperation. The technician has suggested a
>good solution is to put their customer who is behind Tojo on a fixed
>ip. This solution does not require them to lose a customer. In fact,
>it is a sort of upgrade.
>
>Fred

Fred,

I agree that coming from someone reputable like you or Brad will
probably work. And getting Toyo in Japan
to respond quickly is amazing. They also have a pretty high powered
relationship with NTT in Japan, who runs
all the phone companies ....

Jeff
Re: enwiki dumps are busted/ISP Response to Fred [ In reply to ]
Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

> Fred Bauder wrote:
>
>> On Aug 6, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

>>> anyone's side but their own.
>>>

>> Actually I am getting cooperation. The technician has suggested a
>> good solution is to put their customer who is behind Tojo on a fixed
>> ip. This solution does not require them to lose a customer. In fact,
>> it is a sort of upgrade.
>>
>> Fred

> Fred,
>
> I agree that coming from someone reputable like you or Brad will
> probably work. And getting Toyo in Japan
> to respond quickly is amazing. They also have a pretty high powered
> relationship with NTT in Japan, who runs
> all the phone companies ....
>
> Jeff

And I don't know what the heck happened at Wikimania, but I am getting
1720 visitors and 50,000+ hits an hour in Wikigadugi.org which started
about noon yesterday and has been increasing at a rate of 6% an hour.
Anyone know what happened? I think it's great, but did the site get
mention to folks in the press or something? I had to add two more proxy
servers this morning before heading up into the Kamas wilderness with
the family for the afternoon to handle the caching load.

Jeff

*period* Month Aug 2006
*First visit* NA
*Last visit* 06 Aug 2006 - 22:29
Unique visitors Number of visits Pages Hits Bandwidth
Viewed traffic* *1329*
*1720*
(1.29visits/visitor) *7982*
(4.64pages/visit) *23214*