Mailing List Archive

Re: Dutch moderators destroy evidence of checkuserabuse
If Waerth wants a discussion at the international maillist, he has to
translate it himself. Not just drop his Dutch text here.

In short the following happened:
-Waerth has been blocked, but created a lot of sockpuppets to get around the
blocks.
-Walter used CheckUser, to check if the sockpuppets were his (they could
have been made by someone else to discredit Waerth.
-Walter blocked the IP, with the reason: "Sockpuppet" and *without*
referring to Waerth.
-Waerth is angry with Walter and states that Walter abused CheckUser and
violated his privacy.
-Waerth states that Walter should no longer be Steward
-Waerth states that he had to reboot his computer (I don't know if he acuses
someone for that)

In my opinion Walter used CheckUser in the way it is meant for. He did not
violate any privacy, he just did the thing a CheckUser *should* do in a case
like this.

Greetings,

Johan Bos (Jcb)