http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia
http://www.wikipedia.org/

Re: Brion is *the man* [ In reply to ]
On 6/16/06, Essjay <essjaywiki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Important notice: Brion totally rocks.
>
> Images can now be undeleted...Yes, I said undeleted.

Sounds nice. But how and where?
I am now at http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Category_sort_example.png
through a red link, a deleted image, but possibly have no button for
undeleting.
--
Aphaia
aka
Re: Brion is *the man* [ In reply to ]
Aphaia wrote:
> On 6/16/06, Essjay <essjaywiki@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Important notice: Brion totally rocks.
>>
>> Images can now be undeleted...Yes, I said undeleted.
>>

> Sounds nice. But how and where?
> I am now at http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Category_sort_example.png
> through a red link, a deleted image, but possibly have no button for
> undeleting.

Images deleted in the past cannot be restored; they were lost at the
time they were deleted. From now on, any image that is deleted will be
saved so that it can be restored. So, if you delete an image right now,
it can be restored at any point in the future, just like any other page.
It works through the regular undeletion interface.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was excited. :D

Essjay

Re: Brion is *the man* [ In reply to ]
Aphaia wrote:
> On 6/16/06, Essjay <essjaywiki@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Important notice: Brion totally rocks.
>>
>> Images can now be undeleted...Yes, I said undeleted.
>
> Sounds nice. But how and where?
> I am now at http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Category_sort_example.png
> through a red link, a deleted image, but possibly have no button for
> undeleting.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Undelete/Image:Category_sort_example.png

Undeletion links are provided on the description page if the page is altogether
missing, and on the history tab if it has any deleted history.

This image was deleted several weeks ago so it's not archived. Thus you can
undelete the description page text, but not the image.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Brion is *the man* [ In reply to ]
Now I've gotten "View or restore 2 deleted edits?", editing
Image:Ceiling cat 00.jpg on meta. As Brion indicated.

Brion. You are rock.

Essjay, don't mind. Mea culpa. I was just excited too.

--
Aphaia
aka