Mailing List Archive

Request to launch WikiNews in Catalan.
Hi to everyone.

Since around one year ago in meta was requested a new Catalan version
for WikiNews. Our lingual community of Catalan-speaker wikimedians is
little but enough persistent and active as to maintain several
projects in Wikimedia.

The requested translations to do on templates listed in a prelaunch
page ( http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_language_pre-launch ) is all
done. A personalized logo for Catalan WikiNews is also done (
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikinews-logo-ca-small.png )
and available to use in the front-end webpage of WikiNews in Catalan.

We would like to see Catalan WikiNews launched already as soon as
possible, please. We also want to change the namespace of "Wikinews"
to "Viquinotícies". I suppose that some of the request I'm writing
here maybe should to be sent to bugzilla instead to the list, but I'm
writting to the foundation list because in the Wikinews prelaunch page
there's recommending to do it.

Cheers,

Wikimedian user: Joanot Martorell
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Martorell