Mailing List Archive

Wikimedia Serbia and Montenegro
Before we make some official announcement in English, I would like to
say a few words about new local chapter:

We held two sessions of our assembly. The first one was formal when we
accepted our bylaws and chose presidium. (We decided that to avoid
explanation to our authorities that we would hold our sessions over
Internet.)

The second session was less formal and during this session some of our
decisions were:

- We accepted statute of our assembly (where we explained that we can
hold our sessions over Internet).

- We constituted other bodies of our organization: executive board and
supervision board.

- We constituted two regional boards: for Vojvodina and for Belgrade
(in this moment we have relevant number of members only from these two
regions).

- We constituted three expert boards: for informatics, linguistics and
natural sciences (in this moment we have relevant number of members
only in these fields).

- We elected Jimmy Wales, Angela Beesley, Florence Nibart-Devouar
(Anthere) and Delphine Ménard (Notafish) as honorary members of
Wikimedia SCG for a life.

- We elected Jimmy Wales as honorary president of Wikimedia SCG
regional board for USA :) for a life.

Also, it should be noted that our members are two important public
persons: The first one is Vladimir Ajdacic, nuclear physicist and a
member of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (who became the
president of our Expert board for natural sciences); the second one is
Dragan Ambrozic, the most important organizer of pop culture events in
Belgrade (who became our vice-president).
Re: Wikimedia Serbia and Montenegro [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Milos

Good luck and a lot of wisdom.

Waerth/Walter
Re: Wikimedia Serbia and Montenegro [ In reply to ]
Milos Rancic wrote:
> Before we make some official announcement in English, I would like to
> say a few words about new local chapter:
>
> We held two sessions of our assembly. The first one was formal when we
> accepted our bylaws and chose presidium. (We decided that to avoid
> explanation to our authorities that we would hold our sessions over
> Internet.)
>
> The second session was less formal and during this session some of our
> decisions were:
>
> - We accepted statute of our assembly (where we explained that we can
> hold our sessions over Internet).
>
> - We constituted other bodies of our organization: executive board and
> supervision board.
>
> - We constituted two regional boards: for Vojvodina and for Belgrade
> (in this moment we have relevant number of members only from these two
> regions).
>
> - We constituted three expert boards: for informatics, linguistics and
> natural sciences (in this moment we have relevant number of members
> only in these fields).
>
> - We elected Jimmy Wales, Angela Beesley, Florence Nibart-Devouar
> (Anthere) and Delphine Ménard (Notafish) as honorary members of
> Wikimedia SCG for a life.
>
> - We elected Jimmy Wales as honorary president of Wikimedia SCG
> regional board for USA :) for a life.
>
> Also, it should be noted that our members are two important public
> persons: The first one is Vladimir Ajdacic, nuclear physicist and a
> member of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (who became the
> president of our Expert board for natural sciences); the second one is
> Dragan Ambrozic, the most important organizer of pop culture events in
> Belgrade (who became our vice-president).

hello,

Well, I am glad you could make it :-)

I am very impressed by the "two important public people" and could not
help focus on the "organiser of pop culture events"... mymymy, we have
"two" professional organisers of event in our project ? This is good news.

Thanks a lot from the honorary members for life (and all others
probably) ;-)

ant

Ant