Mailing List Archive

UN announces free (cheap) online university
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=30848

Free tuition, admission fee, testing fee. No word on freedom of
materials. Anyone know more about details of this? Something we can
help with?

- d.

Re: UN announces free (cheap) online university [ In reply to ]
University website: http://www.uopeople.org

Currently providing two academic programs; computer science track and
business admin. Enrollment deadline for fall semester hasn't yet
passed!!

Regards,
Moushira

On 6/8/09, David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=30848
>
> Free tuition, admission fee, testing fee. No word on freedom of
> materials. Anyone know more about details of this? Something we can
> help with?
>

> - d.

Architect
Architectural Character Development Project
South Sinai Regional Development Program -SSRDP- Grant 433
Tel: +2069-3470500 / +203-5427715 Cell: +20106054569

Re: UN announces free (cheap) online university [ In reply to ]
2009/6/8 Moushira Elamrawy <moushirah@gmail.com>:
> University website: http://www.uopeople.org
>
> Currently providing two academic programs; computer science track and
> business admin. Enrollment deadline for fall semester hasn't yet
> passed!!

"[T]he University of the People does not presently confer degrees." [1]

Seems to be something of a misnomer...

1. http://www.uopeople.org/ACADEMICS/Accreditation/tabid/200/Default.aspx

Re: UN announces free (cheap) online university [ In reply to ]
News article linked in the first post said they'd already enrolled over 200
students; FAQ says its capped at 300, so I imagine its reached its cap by
now.

>Moushira wrote: "Enrollment deadline for fall semester hasn't yet
passed!!"

~Nathan