their blog at http://blog.okfn.org/

Have any of you had anything to do with them?

Best wishes,

Lennart

--
Lennart Guldbrandsson, chair of Wikimedia Sverige and press contact for
Swedish Wikipedia // ordförande för Wikimedia Sverige och presskontakt för
svenskspråkiga Wikipedia
Re: Open Knowledge Foundation [ In reply to ]
They have Benjamin Mako Hill in their advisory board, who is also in the WMF
AB. Other then that, I see nothing familiar.

Best regards,

Lodewijk

Re: Open Knowledge Foundation [ In reply to ]
OKFN hosted an open-textbooks meeting on IRC a while back. I attended,
and I think one or two other Wikibookians attended as well. I haven't
had any contact with them since, but I've wanted to either host or
join another similar meeting with them in the future.

--Andrew Whitworth

Re: Open Knowledge Foundation [ In reply to ]
Hi Lennart,

I attended one of their conferences, OKCON, in London a couple of
years ago. I was also involved with one of their projects, Open
Shakespeare. They do a lot of work on open knowledge definitions and
license compatibility. They are also involved in developing tools and
in pushing specific projects (Open Shakespeare, open geodata, etc.).
There are certainly quite a few areas of potential
collaboration/support between OKFN and Wikimedia Foundation,
particularly in their "Open Knowledge Production" and tools projects.
At least, in these areas, there are similarities in goals. Unlike WF,
they are not limited to open knowledge production and tools, and
engage in more philosophical aspects of open/free knowledge.

If you have any specific ideas, there is an official mailing list
(http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss). There are also
a number of more specific mailing lists
(http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/).

Oldak.