Mailing List Archive

Now hiring for Wikipedia Usability Initiative
I'm very happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation is now opening
hiring for the Wikipedia Usability Initiative!

Realized by a grant from the Stanton Foundation, the goal of this
initiative is to measurably increase the usability of Wikipedia for new
contributors by improving the underlying software on the basis of user
behavioral studies, thereby reducing barriers to public participation.

We have three positions open, all local in San Francisco. See the linked
pages for details and how to submit your CV:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Job_openings/Interaction_Designer_(project)

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Job_openings/Sr._Software_Developer_(project)

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Job_openings/Software_Developer_(project)

The new team will be lead by project manager Naoko Komura, who was very
helpful in organizing localization and translations for our recent
fundraiser, and will coordinate closely with me and the rest of
Wikimedia's core developers. Also joining the project will be Wikimedia
staff developer Trevor Parscal.

As always, all of Wikimedia's software development is open-source, and
we expect to be able to roll improvements into the live Wikipedia
environment and general MediaWiki releases over the course of the project.

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)
CTO, Wikimedia Foundation
San Francisco