Mailing List Archive

survey does not work for konqueror browser?
hi,

there are rumors that the survey does not work on konqueror browser?
anybody tested it with this browser?

rupert.

Re: survey does not work for konqueror browser? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:48 AM, THURNER rupert
<rupert.thurner@wikimedia.ch>wrote:

> hi,
>
> there are rumors that the survey does not work on konqueror browser?
> anybody tested it with this browser?
>
> rupert.

Hello,

The survey was tested on Konqueror by the technical team at UNU-Merit and
confirmed that it works properly before the launch.

I will find out more about the comment in the survey discussion page which
talks about the problem with Konqueror.

Thanks.

- Naoko

Re: survey does not work for konqueror browser? [ In reply to ]
Whoever is using Konqueror needs to step out of the 1990s... ;-)

2008/11/3 THURNER rupert <rupert.thurner@wikimedia.ch>

> hi,
>
> there are rumors that the survey does not work on konqueror browser?
> anybody tested it with this browser?
>
> rupert.

Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by
Re: survey does not work for konqueror browser? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Jon Harald Søby <jhsoby@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoever is using Konqueror needs to step out of the 1990s... ;-)

Hm? Konqueror is fully modern, if somewhat obscure, browser. The HTML
engine from Konqueror, KHTML, is the basis of Webkit which the web
engine underlying safari and Google chrome. It's one of the more
reliable and standards compliant browsers out there, although it's not
so widely used.

I don't use it, but I know people that do…
Re: survey does not work for konqueror browser? [ In reply to ]
For me it won't even show common extended Latin characters (specifically æ,
ø and å) on standards-compliant web pages with correct encoding and
everything, a problem I used to have in IE and Netscape in the 90s. But
well, not really my problem. ;-)

Re: survey does not work for konqueror browser? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Jon Harald Søby <jhsoby@gmail.com> wrote:
> For me it won't even show common extended Latin characters (specifically æ,
> ø and å) on standards-compliant web pages with correct encoding and
> everything, a problem I used to have in IE and Netscape in the 90s. But
> well, not really my problem. ;-)

I think that this is a particular localization problem of the system
which is running that Konqueror. All KDE applications are dealing fine
with Unicode since KDE2. (But, I am not actively using them.)

Re: survey does not work for konqueror browser? [ In reply to ]
Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Jon Harald Søby <jhsoby@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Whoever is using Konqueror needs to step out of the 1990s... ;-)
>>

> Hm? Konqueror is fully modern, if somewhat obscure, browser. The HTML
> engine from Konqueror, KHTML, is the basis of Webkit which the web
> engine underlying safari and Google chrome. It's one of the more
> reliable and standards compliant browsers out there, although it's not
> so widely used.
>
> I don't use it, but I know people that do…

It is also about as nimble and light footed as an elephant
carrying a platform with a chorus line posing on it atop
its back...

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen