Mailing List Archive

About writing on this list and, some news
Hoi,
In the thread started about the decline of mailing lists, it is written that
many people are blogging instead. I am one of those who does exactly this.
On one level I got frustrated about people stating that to much was written
and, that because of my frequent contributions I "should" reduce what I had
to say. For those who are interested in what people write on blogs, there
are ways of following this in a reader.

Some news.. news that is not only interesting to blog about ..

- I have learned that Steve Slevinsky has started work on an extension
that will enable SignWriting in a MediaWiki environment.. He has started a
Wiki where he is show casing his progress.
http://www.signpuddle.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
- I learned that Sourceforge gives the maintainers of a project the
choice to have a MediaWiki environment. I think this is yet another great
example of MediaWiki being used outside of the WMF.
- On the Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland i will give a presentation about
a Commons that supports search and categories in multiple languages. We have
a proof of concept project at http://commons.i-iter.org/ We are looking
for funding to make it ready for use at Commons. We do invite comments and
particularly developers. We have run our of budget to work on this for the
moment. The presentation will be available after the conference.

Thanks,
GerardM
Re: About writing on this list and, some news [ In reply to ]
Hoi,
I have blogged about my presentation at the Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland;
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2008/11/presentation-at-wcn-2008.html
The presentation is also available on Commons.. ;
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:WCN_2008_-_GM.pdf
Thanks,
Gerard