Mailing List Archive

Fundraising as an important part of spreading your vision
Spotted by Brianna.

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2008/10/in-defense-of-r.html

Precis: fundraising shouldn't be regarded as an icky job that
distracts from your mission. Instead, it's an important part of
spreading your vision.

- d.

Re: Fundraising as an important part of spreading your vision [ In reply to ]
Hoi,
It is one of those things where particularly chapters should excell. Raising
awareness and raising funding are their reasons for being.
Thanks,
GerardM

Re: Fundraising as an important part of spreading your vision [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> It is one of those things where particularly chapters should excell. Raising
> awareness and raising funding are their reasons for being.

I think the totality of that statement may rise some objection from
some chapters. Wikimedia Deutschland's raison d'être is promoting free
content with "raising awareness" and "raising funding" being but two
of many ways to go about doing that.

Sebastian

Re: Fundraising as an important part of spreading your vision [ In reply to ]
Hoi,
The German chapter has a certain maturity. When chapters object, there are
two reasons for objecting

- Tthey do more.. Point taken.
- They do not do a good job at raising money.. Point made.

Thanks,
GerardM