Software Freedom Day (Sept 20)
Hi,

I guess some Wikimedians will get involved with Software Freedom Day next month.
<http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/>

Does anyone know if we have any kind of promo materials oriented towards SFD?

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Software Freedom Day (Sept 20) [ In reply to ]
Hi Brianna,
thanks for heading up. Weird, it seems not well known or remarked in
Japan but fortunately I got a coverage.

Also there is a similar day named "Document Freedom Day"
(http://documentfreedom.org/) started this year, to promote open
document formats like .odt or .ogg.

Is anyone involved in these activities?

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Brianna Laugher
<brianna.laugher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess some Wikimedians will get involved with Software Freedom Day next month.
> <http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/>
>
> Does anyone know if we have any kind of promo materials oriented towards SFD?
>
> cheers
> Brianna
>
> --
> They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment:
> http://modernthings.org/

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: Software Freedom Day (Sept 20) [ In reply to ]
I can confirm that i (or maybe another Wikimedian) will speak at the
Dutch edition of the Software freedom day in Baarn, organised by the
Dutch Linux users group (http://www.nllgg.nl/). I spoke there last
year as well, and i thought it was a very nice conference with some
interesting lectures (including Open street map and the open-source
C,mm,n car project, see http://www.autoindetoekomst.nl/website/).

-- Hay / Husky