Mailing List Archive

Re: Philip Greenspun illustration project Round 1 is nowopen
Brianna Laugher wrote

> Hi all,
>
> I am happy to announce that Round 1 of the Philip Greenspun
> illustration project (PGIP) is now open. The request list is published
> here:
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Philip_Greenspun_illustration_
> project/Round_1/Request_list>
> It will run for two months. Then in conjunction with Cary and
> Erik we will assess how Round 1 went, adjust as necessary and
> (with any luck
> :)) carry on with Round 2.

Hurrah! I'm real happy this is moving forward and I'm really appreciative
for all the hard work you put into it!

(Ignoring a hugely lengthy thread with all sorts of interesting names
posting I know I'll have the opportunity muddle through on Monday morning)

> In case you are wondering "What is PGIP?", it's a project
> that was enabled by a donation of Philip Greenspun to the
> Wikimedia Foundation for the purpose of creating
> illustrations. The original community announcement by Cary
> was here
> <http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-Novemb
> er/034531.html>
> and the central place for all PGIP info has been on meta, here:
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Philip_Greenspun_illustration_project>
>
> So basically it's 1) collect requests for illustrations and
> 2) pay people to make them.
>
> If you are interested in the project and/or interested in
> creating illustrations, please join the mailing list:
> and please also check out the information on meta.
>
> If you are wondering why it took like ten months, I wrote a
> bit of an explanation here.
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Philip_Greenspun_illustra
> tion_project/Round_1#About_the_delay.>
>
> I will probably have more to say over the next couple of
> weeks about ways people can help. For now, I'd just like your
> help spreading the word to any illustrators you know that
> might not have heard of this project yet.
>
> thanks,
> Brianna
> user:pfctdayelise

Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator
Your continued donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia
Foundation today: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
Phone: 415.839.6885 x 601
Fax: 415.882.0495