Mailing List Archive

Nominating Committee organized
I am happy to report on our progress in filling out the Board of
Trustees with members who bring additional skills and expertise to help
the Wikimedia Foundation in its work. We have filled the membership of
the Nominating Committee and are ready to begin work. The committee will
consist of:
* Ting Chen, our newly elected board member
* Milos Rancic
* Birgitte SB
* Melissa Hagemann, from the Advisory Board
* Sue Gardner, our Executive Director
* and myself.

Thanks again to all those who expressed interest in helping with the
process.

Initially, once the committee has been briefed, it will work on
identifying the types of expertise that are most needed and developing
criteria to evaluate candidates. At that point, we will more actively
solicit suggestions for potential board members, including
recommendations from the community. But if you have input that would be
useful as we look to strengthen the board's skills, feel free to contact
us at any stage of the process.

--Michael Snow

Re: Nominating Committee organized [ In reply to ]

Re: Nominating Committee organized [ In reply to ]
Michael Snow wrote:
> I am happy to report on our progress in filling out the Board of
> Trustees with members who bring additional skills and expertise to help
> the Wikimedia Foundation in its work. We have filled the membership of
> the Nominating Committee and are ready to begin work. The committee will
> consist of:
> * Ting Chen, our newly elected board member
> * Milos Rancic
> * Birgitte SB
> * Melissa Hagemann, from the Advisory Board
> * Sue Gardner, our Executive Director
> * and myself.
>
> Thanks again to all those who expressed interest in helping with the
> process.
>
> Initially, once the committee has been briefed, it will work on
> identifying the types of expertise that are most needed and developing
> criteria to evaluate candidates. At that point, we will more actively
> solicit suggestions for potential board members, including
> recommendations from the community. But if you have input that would be
> useful as we look to strengthen the board's skills, feel free to contact
> us at any stage of the process.
>
> --Michael Snow

Uhm, sorry about the reply without content. As often
happens, the button I pressed and the button I meant
to press, were two different things :-S

In any case; what I wanted to say is...

The people on the committee seem to be a joyfully
good group of people. I hope the results are likewise.

I especially like how the list of committee-men is
devoid of "the usual suspects". Shows we have a
range of good people.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen