Mailing List Archive

Re: Election rules modification regarding suffrage issues raised on this list
On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 07:55 -0700, phoebe ayers wrote:

> I note btw that the *candidate* requirements didn't change -- so any
> potential candidates need to have been editing this spring. I don't
> have a problem with this requirement (community representatives should
> probably be active editors), but it does notably exclude "inactive"
> members from running, regardless of their former status in the
> community or current off-wiki participation (it'd be nice to see a
> developer exemption!).

The requirement for the candidate have been updated as per for being a
voter. It was a small oversight due to the initial query being made
about the voter requirement. The committee noticed the issue as soon as
we actually made the change for the voter, and have decided to
synchronise the candidate requirement as well.

KTC

- Heinrich Heine
Re: Election rules modification regarding suffrage issues raised on this list [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 17:39 +0200, Delphine Ménard wrote:
> Just as a matter of clarity. Can the 50 edits be spread across
> different projects?
> Do internal wikis count?
>
> I'm just afraid I'm not gonna have the required number of edits on any
> one wiki. And I consider myself kind of "up to date" to be allowed to
> vote.

With the admin group trial and impending global launch of SUL, the
committee had hoped to allow counting of edits across multiple wikis
that are linked to a single global account.

Unfortunately, as SUL isn't fully launched yet and we are getting to
candidates acceptance time, the rule have to be as in previous years
where only edit on one wiki count.

KTC

- Heinrich Heine
Re: Election rules modification regarding suffrage issues raised on this list [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 13:40 +0900, Aphaia wrote:
> (unofficial comment too)
>
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
> > (unofficial comment) In previous years, the election committee/medium
> > has allowed voting from external wikis. I would be surprised if they
> > didn't this year.
>
> No external wikis of WMF were allowed to vote. Private wikis which WMF
> ran are. Private wikis are not necessarily "external".

Casey did note in a later email that "internal" was what was meant to be
written.

KTC

- Heinrich Heine