Somewhat like putting a notice on your bicycle "his bicycle is theft proof".

Perhaps use 'Current revision, screened"

Erik Zachte

Re: Unofficial stable version demo [ In reply to ]
Erik Zachte wrote:
> A minor point: http://wikixp.org/qa/index.php5/Litmus_test now states
> "sighted for vandalism"
>
> I suggest to skip the word vandalism. It may entice even more people to poke
> some 'fun', or work as an invitation to try even harder.
> Somewhat like putting a notice on your bicycle "his bicycle is theft proof".
>
> Perhaps use 'Current revision, screened"
>
> Erik Zachte

Ugh, yes, definitely get rid of that.

And I hope the notice isn't going to appear where it does on that page
in the final implementation of this... pushing infobox templates 300
pixels to the right is unacceptable.

-Gurch

Re: Unofficial stable version demo [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Erik Zachte wrote:

> A minor point: http://wikixp.org/qa/index.php5/Litmus_test now states
> "sighted for vandalism"
>
> I suggest to skip the word vandalism. It may entice even more people to poke
> some 'fun', or work as an invitation to try even harder.
> Somewhat like putting a notice on your bicycle "his bicycle is theft proof".
>
> Perhaps use 'Current revision, screened"

or just 'reviewed'...

Re: Unofficial stable version demo [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/07, Erik Zachte <erikzachte@infodisiac.com> wrote:
> A minor point: http://wikixp.org/qa/index.php5/Litmus_test now states
> "sighted for vandalism"

The box will probably be tweaked a lot before it goes live anywhere.
Regarding the texts, I suggest putting alternative suggestions here:

http://wikixp.org/qa/index.php5/What_the_box_should_say

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik

Re: Unofficial stable version demo [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/07, Matthew Britton <matthew.britton@btinternet.com> wrote:
> And I hope the notice isn't going to appear where it does on that page
> in the final implementation of this...

T'was one of the first things I put in
http://wikixp.org/qa/index.php5/Wishlist_and_bugs

There's no perfect place for it really since the top right corner
tends to be hotly contested for all kinds of stuff. Perhaps a good
time to think about standardizing what can go where.

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik

Re: Unofficial stable version demo [ In reply to ]
reviewed or examined or checked would seem to be the English idiom,
in any case, not sighted, But given the degree of scrutiny, I suppose
we want something much much weaker.

On 10/4/07, Matthew Britton <matthew.britton@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Erik Zachte wrote:
> > A minor point: http://wikixp.org/qa/index.php5/Litmus_test now states
> > "sighted for vandalism"
> >
> > I suggest to skip the word vandalism. It may entice even more people to poke
> > some 'fun', or work as an invitation to try even harder.
> > Somewhat like putting a notice on your bicycle "his bicycle is theft proof".
> >
> > Perhaps use 'Current revision, screened"
> >
> > Erik Zachte
>
> Ugh, yes, definitely get rid of that.
>
> And I hope the notice isn't going to appear where it does on that page
> in the final implementation of this... pushing infobox templates 300
> pixels to the right is unacceptable.
>
> -Gurch

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.

Re: Unofficial stable version demo [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/07, David Goodman <dgoodmanny@gmail.com> wrote:
> reviewed or examined or checked would seem to be the English idiom,
> in any case, not sighted, But given the degree of scrutiny, I suppose
> we want something much much weaker.

You could call it what it is: "unreviewed" and "reviewed for
vandalism". But there doesn't seem to be anything which is terse,
precise, and understandable to the layman.

I prefer a distinction like "published" and "draft": it's terse and
instantly understandable but not very precise.

Re: Unofficial stable version demo [ In reply to ]
there is still the problem of the word "vandalism" I agree that it
sets up exactly the wrong expectations.