Mailing List Archive

NAT-T
NAT-T [ In reply to ]
hi,

> NAT-traversing connection. The Concentrator does not, however, send the
> nat-t Vendor ID, at least not in the first two unencrypted packets as I
> understand it should. There are no NAT-D payloads in those two packets
> as well. So I'd guess it uses some other method of discovering NAT
> traversal and negotiating encapsulation.

I have seen Cisco Concentrators which answer with NAT-T VID and NAT-D
payloads if you send them a NAT-T VID in the initial packet.
With this method udp-port 4500 is used. I have so far no information
about tunneling via udp/tcp with port 10000...

maybe it depends on the firmware version of the concentrator..

cu
maurice