C:\>netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection 3" static 172.31.255.100 255.255.255.0
Element not found

C:\>

This is Windows 7 64-bit, with the latest Windows-TAP driver from
OpenVPN (9.9).

When was the last time this was tested with vpnc?

--
dwmw2
Re: Does vpnc work on Windows? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org> wrote:
> I've just added Win32 support to OpenConnect, and I'm having difficulty
> with configuring the network.
>
> If I configure the IP addresses manually in the GUI for my test VPN
> connection, it's fine. But using the 'netsh' command line that
> vpnc-script-win.js would use is failing:
>
> C:\>netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection 3" static 172.31.255.100 255.255.255.0
> Element not found
>

> C:\>
>
> This is Windows 7 64-bit, with the latest Windows-TAP driver from
> OpenVPN (9.9).
>
> When was the last time this was tested with vpnc?

Hi David,

I personally never tested vpnc on Windows.
In the repository the last patch in that direction is from mid 2008.
Did not reveived any message on this topic.

Antonio
Re: Does vpnc work on Windows? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 23:36 +0800, Antonio Borneo wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I personally never tested vpnc on Windows.
> In the repository the last patch in that direction is from mid 2008.
> Did not reveived any message on this topic.

Thanks. In fact I think this was just Windows being Windows. Installing
a *new* TAP device did work, but configuring the old one with netsh
never did.

--
dwmw2