Mailing List Archive

source repository?
Hi,

which is the current source repository for vpnc?

I see some of the developers post git generated diffs, and the svn server
at Kaiserslautern gives me a

% svn checkout '--config-dir=/tmp/vpnc.subversion'
'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/' vpnc
svn: E000065: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc'
svn: E000065: Error running context: No route to host
%

but there was no related news on the list?

Cheerio,
hauke

--
"It's never straight up and down" (DEVO)

Re: source repository? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 22:17 +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> which is the current source repository for vpnc?
>
> I see some of the developers post git generated diffs, and the svn server
> at Kaiserslautern gives me a

I post git diffs because I'm using git-svn to do my changes.

> % svn checkout '--config-dir=/tmp/vpnc.subversion'
> 'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/' vpnc
> svn: E000065: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
> 'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc'
> svn: E000065: Error running context: No route to host
> %

Seems to work for me now, so maybe it was an intermittent issue?

Dan

Re: source repository? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 08:18:46 -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
>> % svn checkout '--config-dir=/tmp/vpnc.subversion'
>> 'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/' vpnc
>> svn: E000065: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>> 'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc'
>> svn: E000065: Error running context: No route to host
>> %
>
> Seems to work for me now, so maybe it was an intermittent issue?

No, it turned out to be a subversion issue: I tried svn v1.8.5, which
shows the above issue. The older svn v1.6.23 accesses the repository
just fine.

Are there known compatibikity issues between (I am assuming) older
servers, and newer clients?

hauke

--
Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
Ernst-Ludwig-Straße 15

Re: source repository? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:39 AM, Hauke Fath
<hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 08:18:46 -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
>>> % svn checkout '--config-dir=/tmp/vpnc.subversion'
>>> 'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/' vpnc
>>> svn: E000065: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>>> 'http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc'
>>> svn: E000065: Error running context: No route to host
>>> %
>>
>> Seems to work for me now, so maybe it was an intermittent issue?
>
> No, it turned out to be a subversion issue: I tried svn v1.8.5, which
> shows the above issue. The older svn v1.6.23 accesses the repository
> just fine.
>
> Are there known compatibikity issues between (I am assuming) older
> servers, and newer clients?
>
> hauke

I just tested svn 1.8.5 from Arch Linux distro, and it works fine
Can you post the complete output of "svn --version" on your side?
Mine is below.
Please notice from the output that my installation uses module
"ra_serf" to handle "http" URL
Is it enabled in your built too?

Antonio

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.8.5 (r1542147)
compiled Nov 27 2013, 05:56:34 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Copyright (C) 2013 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people;
see the NOTICE file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
- with Cyrus SASL authentication
- handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
- handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using serf.
- using serf 1.3.2
- handles 'http' scheme
- handles 'https' scheme

$
Re: source repository? [ In reply to ]
At 10:40 Uhr +0800 9.1.2014, Antonio Borneo wrote:
>I just tested svn 1.8.5 from Arch Linux distro, and it works fine
>Can you post the complete output of "svn --version" on your side?
>Mine is below.
>Please notice from the output that my installation uses module
>"ra_serf" to handle "http" URL
>Is it enabled in your built too?

% svn --version
svn, version 1.8.5 (r1542147)
compiled Jan 7 2014, 19:11:43 on x86_64--netbsd

Copyright (C) 2013 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people;
see the NOTICE file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
- handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
- handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using serf.
- using serf 1.3.3
- handles 'http' scheme
- handles 'https' scheme

%

Looks pretty much the same as yours...

I guess I'll check back with the pkgsrc crowd whether the current svn
client works for them. The "No route to host" is obviously bogus.

hauke

--
"It's never straight up and down" (DEVO)