I was wondering if there is support for the following in any of the
branches being merged:

VPNC can be passed a FD to use for the tun adapter.

This would allow it to run in userland.

--
Lance Blais
Software Developer - Security, Web & Mobile
http://blog.codeartifacts.com
Re: Support for tunnel fd as input coming? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 09:01 -0500, Lance Blais wrote:

> I was wondering if there is support for the following in any of the
> branches being merged:
>
> VPNC can be passed a FD to use for the tun adapter.
>
> This would allow it to run in userland.

The way this is done in OpenConnect is to invoke vpnc-script with all
the normal configuration information *and* a file descriptor for the
tunnel. We have ocproxy which will handle being invoked that way and
will set up a local SOCKS proxy to provide access to the VPN that way.

If you are going to implement similar functionality in vpnc, let's make
sure it's compatible.

--
dwmw2