Mailing List Archive

VPNC release
Hi,

vpnc-0.5.3 is already 5 years old.
Since then vpnc has evolved quite a bit.
In parallel, the Nortel branch has get similar evolution, getting
aligned with trunk functionality, but still with poor code quality.

On the web there are some unofficial 0.5.4, independently developed
and not merged in vpnc repository.
Would be nice to integrate them, but without developer's support the
task get difficoult.

I'm going to tag current head as vpnc-0.6.0.
The number signs the distance from 0.5.3 and avoids confusion with
unofficial versions 0.5.4.
I plan to apply the tag in 2~3 weeks, around end of year.
If you have any concern or comments, please let me know.

After the release, my target would be to clean-up the Nortel branch
and merge it in trunk. This could become 0.7.0.
Would be nice to move the build system to a more standard
automake/autoconf system. Contributions in this direction would be
highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Antonio Borneo
Re: VPNC release [ In reply to ]
Hi Antonio,
your integration plan sounds very good to me. I am looking forward to the merging of the nortel branch into trunk.

Best regards,
Fabian

Re: VPNC release [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2013-12-07 at 11:50 +0800, Antonio Borneo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> vpnc-0.5.3 is already 5 years old.
> Since then vpnc has evolved quite a bit.
> In parallel, the Nortel branch has get similar evolution, getting
> aligned with trunk functionality, but still with poor code quality.

If I can get reworked tty/config patches to you this week, might those
make the release?

Dan

Re: VPNC release [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 1:04 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw@redhat.com> wrote:
> If I can get reworked tty/config patches to you this week, might those
> make the release?
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,
sure, can be done!

Antonio
Re: VPNC release [ In reply to ]
Hi Antonio, all,
is there any update on the integration timeline?

Best regards,
Fabian

Re: VPNC release [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Fabian Jäger
<fabian.jaeger@chungwasoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Antonio, all,
> is there any update on the integration timeline?
>
> Best regards,
> Fabian

Quite in late with what I expected.
Still few patch in the pipe.
Hope few days are enough.

Antonio

Re: VPNC release [ In reply to ]
Another month passed by. Is there anything I can do to help you with the integration of fixes?

Best regards,
Fabian