Mailing List Archive

Can't send packet: Bad file number
Hi,

I'm running a pre-built VPNC ARM binary and getting the above error.
From looking at the source code, it seems to be coming from vpnc.c
with the following:

for (;;) {
int pollresult;
if (realtosend != NULL)
if (write(s->ike_fd, realtosend, sendsize) != (int)sendsize)
error(1, errno, "can't send packet");

In my log, I see that it gets to S4.3 and this is the last log message:
(DPD)
DONE PARSING PAYLOAD type: 0d (ISAKMP_PAYLOAD_VID)
PARSING PAYLOAD type: 00 (ISAKMP_PAYLOAD_NONE)
PARSE_OK
can't send packet: Bad file number

What is going on here?

I've searched and found that Bad file number is like a cause of the
socket being closed and then trying to write to it OR the other end
not being reachable.
Has anyone come across this issue?

--
Lance Blais
Software Developer - Security, Web & Mobile
Re: Can't send packet: Bad file number [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much for your email.

I am away from the office until Monday, October 14 and your email will not be forwarded.

Best regards,

Fabian Jäger

- ChungwaSoft -