Mailing List Archive

Smartcard support, what would be needed?
Hi there,

our networing people are think about diabling VPN without smartcard
authentication. Which might force me into using Windows for VPN.

Our Smartcard works fine in Linux (Authentication for Intranet sites, Email
encryption, etc.) via pkcs11 API and even in openssl using the pkcs11 engine.

So I wonder what needs to be added to the vpnc code to make it work with
smartcard authentication. Prefered way would be via pkcs11 because this is
an api a lot of smartcard libraries provide.

Currently the pkcs11 library (in case of our smartcard a proprietary one)
sits on top of pcsc.

Regards

Sven

--
Microsoft ist offenbar die einzige Firma, die in der Lage ist, ein mit
Office nicht kompatibles Bürosoftwarepaket einzuführen.