I have VNC running as a Service but I cant get by this Lockdown screen.
Dose anyone have any Ideas Please

Mike
Re: Need Help [ In reply to ]
In message <371CCBB3.F4CF60B6@netxxpress.net>, Mike Francis writes:

> Hi All
>Ok here's my Problem.
>I can log into my NT Sever from my own PC, but SInce my NT Server is
>locked down all I see is the Message that I need to hit CLT-ALT-DEL and
>enter a Password. this is the Same screen that shows up on NT when you
>lock it down.
>I have VNC running as a Service but I cant get by this Lockdown screen.
>Dose anyone have any Ideas Please

Click the VNC icon in the upper right corner, from the menu click
"Send control-alt-delete". In the java viewer there is a button.

- Ben

RE: Need Help [ In reply to ]
Choose "Send Ctrl-Alt-Del" from the control menu (right click the title bar)

Re: Need Help [ In reply to ]
Hi
Thanks Guys that worked great.
I feel stupid not seeing that.
One last question, if I do unlock the NT Server with VNC dose it unlock
for anyone around the actual server, and will they be able to mess with
it???
If this is the case then how do I put the :ock back on using VNC??

Mike
Re: Need Help [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,
>One last question, if I do unlock the NT Server with VNC dose it unlock
>for anyone around the actual server, and will they be able to mess with
>it???

Yep!

>If this is the case then how do I put the :ock back on using VNC??

Do the Ctrl-Alt-Del thing in the menu and Lock Workstation again.

L8r
Slim
The NTmologist

Please respond to vnc-list@uk.research.att.com

Re: Need Help [ In reply to ]
In message <371CDEA3.61489338@netxxpress.net>, Mike Francis writes:

>Thanks Guys that worked great.
>I feel stupid not seeing that.
>One last question, if I do unlock the NT Server with VNC dose it unlock
>for anyone around the actual server, and will they be able to mess with
>it???
>If this is the case then how do I put the :ock back on using VNC??

Yes, NT only has one "console" or display. You are seeing what is on
the actual monitor of your NT box when you login w/ VNC. Lock it w/
whatever normal method your company prescribes. You can send ctrl-alt-del
again to bring up the lock screen or "logout" from the start menu.

- Ben

Re: Need Help [ In reply to ]
Hi
Thanks to you all This is great

Mike
Re: Need Help [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Mike Francis wrote:

> Hi All
> Ok here's my Problem.
> I can log into my NT Sever from my own PC, but SInce my NT Server is
> locked down all I see is the Message that I need to hit CLT-ALT-DEL and
> enter a Password. this is the Same screen that shows up on NT when you
> lock it down.
> I have VNC running as a Service but I cant get by this Lockdown screen.
> Dose anyone have any Ideas Please
I've found that if you hit CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-DEL it will send the CAD to the
remote system.

M.

--
Michael ``M.'' Brown
Computer Science, University of Waterloo

Re: Need help [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I am having a hard time getting the java VNC server to work on OS/2
WSeB... anyone with any clues.

I can view my VNC Windows clients from OS/2 just fine...

I read the docs and states to compile the java into classes. I created
to the docs from the classes and I try to run the classes with the
values needed for the methods within them, but still no luck.

-TIA

VNC-List mailing list
VNC-List@realvnc.com
Re: need help [ In reply to ]
Please send all replies to the list.

>>adrien joseph said:
>> > I'm currently using vnc in a network,, it works great!!!
>> >
>> > But, I've also tried to set it up so I can access another computer
>>through
>> > the internet, and I can't get it to work. What do I need to do? Both
>> are
>> > running windows ME, and both have the same version of vnc on them.
>>Version
>> > #3.3.7.
>> >
>> > Can someone help?, I'm slow when it comes to computers
>>
>>You left out too much information. What is the network like between
>> these
>>machines (NAT devices, firewalls, etc.). Just in case, what ISP are you
>>using? What errors are you getting?

[snip]

adrien joseph said:
> Both computers are on the internet, my question is, how do I find the
> other
> computer I'm looking for over the internet? when I enter the name i'm
> looking for nothing happens.

Are you trying a registered DNS name? Unless you have a registered DNS
name (or use one of the many dynamic DNS services) the remote computer
can't translate the name into the IP address. Have you tried the IP
address?

--
William Hooper
Re: need help [ In reply to ]
On Nov 18, 2007 1:58 PM, Ambati, Murali K (GE Money, consultant) <
murali.ambati@ge.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have VNC on Solaris 10. I have configured the VNC by using port no:
> 5901. It seems all are working fine on server. When I am trying to
> connect from WinXP system, it's throwing error as "failed to
> connect:connection refused(10061)"
>

> Please suggest, resolving the issue.

That would mean that the host you're contacting doesn't have the VNC
listening on that port. Are you sure of the syntax to connect to VNC?
Re: Need help [ In reply to ]
On 6-12-2011 7:18, Lasitha Appuhami wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to send only a specified window, via vnc.
> I'm ready to do slight modifications if required but don't know from where
> to start.
No it is not possible to send a single window. A workaround can be to
work full-screeen.

For unix/linux based vnc-servers: you can use a dedicated vnc-session
for the purpose of the window.

RE: Need help [ In reply to ]
Is it possible to send only a specified window, via vnc.
I'm ready to do slight modifications if required but don't know from
where
to start.

your support is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Lasitha

Lasitha:

For just a single window, why not use RDP or Xwindows?

Thx, Phil

Goss ... Innovation for Business

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential and proprietary information of Goss International Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and may be legally privileged. This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee, dissemination, copying or other use of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail and any copies. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. No contract may be construed by this e-mail.