the consequences." -- PJ O'Rourke

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" - John
Maynard Keynes

RE: Installing VNC on an LAN [ In reply to ]
Unless you have a crossover cable between the two machines the connection
*will* be going through the router, as in the vast majority of home networks
it's the router which establishes the LAN by issuing related IP addresses to
the connected computers.

Checklist:
* Can you ping one machine from another (may need to enable "echo" under the
ICMP section of the firewall) or see one from another in any way?
* Have you set up the 'connections' tab in the server to allow connections
from the other machine? (tip: try adding 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 to the
list of networks)
* Is your firewall set to allow winvnc4.exe to allow incoming connections?

Philip Herlihy