Mailing List Archive

multiple screens
Hello,

I have one RHEL5 system on which several persons are working with use of VNC.
I managed to do this with xinetd.

One of the users asked me if it is possible to use VNC on to monitors, so I did some searching with use of google and found the following.

"
% vncserver +xinerama -screen 0 1280x1024x24 -screen 1 1600x1050x24

Vncviewer <host>:<display_num>.0

Vncviewer <host>:<display_num>.1
"

This sound usefull, but when trying it (on the cli), I received two screens with equal geometries and acting equally.

Can someone help me?
Am I forgetting something?

Arno Schuurs

Re: multiple screens [ In reply to ]
No one knows anything about this? I'm curious. I don't see anything in
my man pages about the "+xinerama" option.

Mike

RE: multiple screens [ In reply to ]
Dear Mike,

When using an incorrect option while starting vncserver, a list of options is displayed in which the following two lines exists.

+xinerama Enable XINERAMA extension
-xinerama Disable XINERAMA extension

Ik think that they are X options instead of VNC options.

Regards