Windows VNC server - Playing Vudu movies via Boxee crashes PC
I’m new to this list and have not been able to search for a solution to the
below problem.

The lastst VNC server causes playback of Vudu movies using Boxee to freeze
(lockup) the movie playback, and sometime crashes the whole PC, even if
there is no VNC viewing session.

When disabling VNC server, Vudu playback on Boxee works fine.

Any thoughts?
Re: Windows VNC server - Playing Vudu movies via Boxee crashes PC [ In reply to ]
On 3-3-2011 22:30, Dieter wrote:
> I’m new to this list and have not been able to search for a solution to the
> below problem.

the issue might be ancient (like realy old) as it is there since ages...

> The lastst VNC server causes playback of Vudu movies using Boxee to freeze
> (lockup) the movie playback, and sometime crashes the whole PC, even if
> there is no VNC viewing session.
vnc might not be capable to coop with the fast amount of changing
display data with the movie playback. For what its worth:
- unix based vnc servers just receive the display changes and try to
forward them all. The problem here is the 'all': if the origional
changes before the changes are passed on, the data will get congested.
- msWindows based vnc servers just scan for changes on the display by
peeking the display memory. Hence if the display is not using the
display memory, the changes are not seen by vncserver and not forwarded
to the vncviewer.

> When disabling VNC server, Vudu playback on Boxee works fine.
I bet this is a unix based variant.

CBee