Mailing List Archive

vncserver hacked to use x0vncserver
Hi,

I can only get x0vncserver running on my platform so I can't use Xvnc - has
anyone hacked vncserver to use x0vncserver instead of Xvnc ?

Thanks

Chris

Re: vncserver hacked to use x0vncserver [ In reply to ]
On 4-3-2011 1:50, Chris and Susan Kordish wrote:
> I can only get x0vncserver running on my platform so I can't use Xvnc - has
> anyone hacked vncserver to use x0vncserver instead of Xvnc ?

I donnot know your platform (what unix variant it is) so I donnot know
details. However, the `vncserver` I know is just a shell-script, hence
you can open it in any editor (vi, emacs or your favorite). there you'll
find the call to `Xvnc` which you can replace with your own.

If x0vncserver accepts different options than Xvnc, it's just scripting
(or some variant of englis) so the base should not be that hard.

CBee