Mailing List Archive

Problem with Java
Hi,

We have recently upgraded our PCs to the latest version of Java run-time
and now the RealVNC (free edition) doesn't connect; no prompt for
password appears. I have checked with earlier versions and up to 6u13
work, 6u14 onwards (to 17) fail. Actually, 6u14 works once, then times
out on subsequent attempts. The error message given says "class not
found".

Specifically, attempting to connect using http: // <machine-name>:5800.

PCs are running Windows XP (SP3), RealVNC v4.1.3.

Has anyone else any experience of this and are there any work-arounds?
Other than not just updating Java!

(I apologise if this has been dealt with before, but I haven't been able
to find anything in the archives
[http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/]) about this.

Thanks,
Chris. Ward.

West Herts College is a 'Good College with outstanding capacity to continue improving'.
Ofsted Inspection report, 2006. For a full copy of the report, visit: www.ofsted.gov.uk

Legally privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee(s) legally indicated in this message (or responsible
for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify
us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail
messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
West Herts College unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative
independent of this message. Please note that neither West Herts College nor
I accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan
attachments (if any).