local machine, and it also works fine on the host machine when the mouse
connected to that machine is used. But if I use the wheel for the mouse
on my client, the wheel doesn't scroll the viewing machine's windows.
RE: problem with mouse wheel [ In reply to ]
I have new information that may shed light on my problem with my mouse
wheel. The machine I am connecting to is running a Virtual PC in it.
If I minimize the VPC and just work directly with the host, the mouse
wheel scrolls just fine. It's only when I'm working in the VPC on the
host, that the scrolling doesn't work. Note also that if I move over to
the host machine and use its mouse directly, the wheel works fine. It's
only when I use the wheel from the viewer, on the VPC machine running on
the host, that I run into a problem.

To answer Mr. Woods' questions, the mouse on my client (viewer) machine
is a Microsoft wireless USB mouse. Other than having an applet to
simplify mouse settings (such as

Probably more relevant is the mouse on the host machine. It's a
standard Microsoft wired optical Intellimouse, although it does lie
behind a K-V-M switcher. That was never an issue in the past, and I
highly doubt it would be an issue now, but I'm just trying to provide
all information I can.