Mailing List Archive

VNC Viewer's auto hiding task bar
Apologies if you've already seen and perhaps even replied to this, but it seems I've only just today started receiving emails to the list (I joined the list 4 days ago). If you did reply would you mind please replying again. Anyway, here's my question:

Hi,

I'm using the viewer on Mac OS X and it's pretty much perfect except
for one really irritating issue. I need to use full screen mode and in
that mode the task bar nicely hides itself at the top of the screen.
When viewing a remote computer, the application running on that
machine has menu items that go well across the menubar. However,
whenever I go to access those menu items my mouse enters the hotzone
to have the taskbar auto-reveal and it's a real battle to access the
menubar with the taskbar getting in the way.

On the Mac, my auto-hiding dock only reveals itself when the mouse
reaches the very bottom of the screen and stays there for just a
moment. There is no 20 pixel high hot region, it's simply based on the
edge of the screen and the duration the mouse is at the edge. If the
taskbar worked the same way then everything would be perfect. I did
try to look for a preference to adjust the taskbar hotzone, but
couldn't find one.

Anybody out there got any suggestions regarding this?

Thanks,

Mick