Hi all,

Introduced in RealVNC 4.5.1 is the notification box that tells users
when another has logged in via VNC and is watching. Does anyone know
how to disable this on Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard"?
I find it annoying, and it would be handy if I could access the
computer via VNC without the server notifying the current user...

Thanks,
Aaron

RE: Disabling User Connection Notification [ In reply to ]
I agree with Aaron, this new feature is annoying and if anyone knows how to disable it in Windows XP please tell us.

Thanks

RE: Disabling User Connection Notification [ In reply to ]
> Introduced in RealVNC 4.5.1 is the notification box that
> tells users when another has logged in via VNC and is
> watching. Does anyone know how to disable this on Mac OS X
> 10.6 "Snow Leopard"?
> I find it annoying, and it would be handy if I could access
> the computer via VNC without the server notifying the current user...

Try this...

On host machine, click on VNC top bar icon > Status > Configure. Enter admin
password (if required), go to Expert tab. Scroll down to
"ConnNotifyTimeout", change from 4 to 0. Apply, OK, disconnect and reconnect
to test. :)

Re: Disabling User Connection Notification [ In reply to ]
This works perfectly!

Thankyou very much for your help,
Aaron

RE: Disabling User Connection Notification [ In reply to ]

Have you looked in the advanced server options to see if the option I
mentioned earlier is in the Windows server options too? (can't check myself
at the moment).

Re: Disabling User Connection Notification [ In reply to ]
Yes this works in XP, I've applied this "fix" to my both my Windows
XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS X RealVNC servers

Thanks,
Aaron

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Christopher Woods