however it seems the local settings (what windows detects) is a limitation
on how much desktop I can show.

Any Ideas?
Re: Fake Dual Monitors [ In reply to ]
VNC just does the Virtual Network part. If you can "fake" the graphics
server to support a few monitors then VNC can serve all of them.

What you need are fake (virtual) graphics cards. Microsoft did this in the
Remote Desktop Virtual Curtain Driver just to enable RDP into Live Mesh
software!

Note that today many cards have embedded support for at least 2 monitors.
Some even support 3 or 4 of them. In this case you just need to enable the
monitors in Windows or Linux and the VNC server and clients will be happy
with them

Antonio