Kevin Fernandes
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
varnish as a reverse proxy [ In reply to ]
Hi Kevin.

kevin fernandes:

> I require the varnish configuration for adding multiple backend
> webservers. Please provide me few examples on how to do it. In short i
> require the configuration of distributing the http-requests to
> different backend webservers.

Is this what you are looking for?
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/Backends

--
Per Andreas Buer / Linpro AS t: 21 54 41 21 / m: 958 39 117
http://linpro.no/ - Ledende p? Linux og ?pen kildekode.
varnish as a reverse proxy [ In reply to ]
Hello Per,

Thanks for your reply, i have tried the configuration given on the link.
However i receive the following error when i start varnish

Expected 'acl', 'sub' or 'backend', found 'backend_round_robin' at
(/etc/varnish/test.vcl Line 1 Pos 1)
backend_round_robin rr {

Can you please clarify why the error comes. I tried different ways to set
it. But no luck. Also attaching the vcl FYR.

Regards,
Kevin Fernandes

varnish as a reverse proxy [ In reply to ]
"kevin fernandes" <linuxbsdfreak at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Per,
>
> Thanks for your reply, i have tried the configuration given on the
> link. However i receive the following error when i start varnish
>
> Expected 'acl', 'sub' or 'backend', found 'backend_round_robin' at
> (/etc/varnish/test.vcl Line 1 Pos 1)
> backend_round_robin rr {
>
> Can you please clarify why the error comes. I tried different ways
> to set it. But no luck. Also attaching the vcl FYR.

Which version of Varnish are you using?

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro
varnish as a reverse proxy [ In reply to ]
Version is varnish-1.1.2

varnish as a reverse proxy [ In reply to ]
kevin fernandes skrev:
> Version is varnish-1.1.2

I think load balancing is only available in trunk. Sorry.

varnish as a reverse proxy [ In reply to ]
You need to use trunk version, or use other solution like Pound or
HAProxy to emulate multiple backend.

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 01:52:11PM +0530, kevin fernandes wrote:
> Version is varnish-1.1.2
>

> On Jan 4, 2008 1:40 PM, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm at linpro.no> wrote:
>
> > "kevin fernandes" <linuxbsdfreak at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Hello Per,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your reply, i have tried the configuration given on the
> > > link. However i receive the following error when i start varnish
> > >
> > > Expected 'acl', 'sub' or 'backend', found 'backend_round_robin' at
> > > (/etc/varnish/test.vcl Line 1 Pos 1)
> > > backend_round_robin rr {
> > >
> > > Can you please clarify why the error comes. I tried different ways
> > > to set it. But no luck. Also attaching the vcl FYR.
> >
> > Which version of Varnish are you using?

--
* Gea-Suan Lin http://blog.gslin.org/
* If you cannot convince them, confuse them. -- Harry S Truman