Mailing List Archive

Varnish1.1.2 returns 200OK,but no content
Varnish1.1.2 returns 200OK,but no content [ In reply to ]
In message <20071223024223.M58534 at wst.net.cn>, "game" writes:

Please don't send HTML mail, I can't read it in my antique mailprogram.

(Yeah, I can see the irony, but I'm not going to change mailprogram
just because of some modern fad like HTML :-)

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
Varnish1.1.2 returns 200OK,but no content [ In reply to ]
Hello Poul-Henning,
I'm in the same situation than you, i'm
using VM under Xemacs and i wonder how long i will
be able to keep it as my mail program since i have difficulties
to read 1 mail out of 4 :)

Varnish1.1.2 returns 200OK,but no content [ In reply to ]
"game" <game at wst.net.cn> writes:
> I'm running into some trouble upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.
> It seems to be the same one with http://projects.linpro.no/pipermail/varnish-
> misc/2007-December/001259.html

No, it is completely unrelated. What Denis is seeing is a combination
of a backend bug and pilot error. What you are seeing is a backend
bug which 1.2 apparently manages to recover from but 1.1.2 doesn't.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
Varnish1.1.2 returns 200OK,but no content [ In reply to ]
I've a similar problem with http 1.0 protocol on dynamic objects like
php generated data.

Some log from varnishlog:

15 TxRequest b GET
15 TxURL b /bug.php
15 TxProtocol b HTTP/1.0
15 RxProtocol b HTTP/1.1
15 RxStatus b 200
15 RxResponse b OK
15 RxHeader b Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:32:33 GMT
15 RxHeader b Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
15 RxHeader b Connection: close
15 RxHeader b Content-Type: text/css; charset: UTF-8
13 ObjProtocol c HTTP/1.1
13 ObjStatus c 200
13 ObjResponse c OK
13 ObjHeader c Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:32:33 GMT
13 ObjHeader c Server: -
13 ObjHeader c Content-Type: text/css; charset: UTF-8
15 BackendClose b default
13 TTL c 1588262781 RFC 120 1200061953 1200061953 0 0 0
13 VCL_call c fetch
13 VCL_return c pass
13 Length c 0
13 VCL_call c deliver

The web server (Apache 2) don't send content-length or transfer encoding
chuncked header.
Varnish calculate the objet length only when the get query use http 1.1
protocol (/bin/varnish/cache_fetch.c line 346) or if the server reply
whith a content-length or transfert encoding chunk header.

Can this be fixed ?
Thanks