historia o czterech kobietach, kt?re w obliczu nieszcz??cia
na nowo odkrywaj? sens ?ycia i warto?? ??cz?cej je przyja?ni.
Zobacz! http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fprzyjaciolki.html&sid=1239
Browser refresh and varnish [ In reply to ]
"KKK RRR" <sharp_sniper at wp.pl> writes:

> why every time i can't refresh my browser with files from varnish cache ?
>
> for exapmle:
> if i go to www.xxxxx.com/abcd.jpg then is ok - varnish shows HIT
> but if i refresh it don't work

You don't run varnish on that domain, and the document does not exist.

ssm ~$ GET -Used http://www.xxxxx.com/abcd.jpg
GET http://www.xxxxx.com/abcd.jpg

404 Not Found
Connection: close
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:23:26 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
Client-Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:23:26 GMT
Client-Peer: 209.85.51.151:80
Client-Response-Num: 1
Title: 404 Not Found

Alternatively, you specified a domain of someone else's web site.
Please don't.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro
Browser refresh and varnish [ In reply to ]
KKK RRR wrote:
> why every time i can't refresh my browser with files from varnish cache ?
>
> for exapmle:
> if i go to www.xxxxx.com/abcd.jpg then is ok - varnish shows HIT
> but if i refresh it don't work

Maybe because your browser is caching the image abcd.jpeg after the
inital request ? Depending on your browser, you should either clear your
local cache or don't cache at all for a certain domain (not sure if
thats possible). Why not use something like wget?

-- james