Mailing List Archive

New VCL toys, please test!
I have just committed some new VCL toys to -trunk, please help me test
these if you can do things like:

sub vcl_miss {
set bereq.http.HeyYou = "This" req.url " is Urgent!" ;
remove bereq.http.user-agent ;
}

which would add this HTTP header to the request to the backend:

HeyYou: This / is Urgent!

and remove any User-Agent: headers.

There are now a total of four HTTP protocol messages that can be accessed
from VCL:

req.* - The original request from the client
bereq.* - The request we send to the backend
obj.* - The response stored in the object
resp.* - The response we send to the client

Here is a machine-generated plot of the VCL flow in -trunk:

http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/_.pdf

The right hand side of the boxes show which HTTP objects you have
access to in each of the VCL methods.

Feedback please!

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe