Ingvar

--
When everything else fail: Symlink
RPM packages of varnish-1.0.3 available [ In reply to ]
Ingvar Hagelund wrote:
> I have just uploaded rpm packages of varnish-1.0.3 to sourceforge.

Excellent work :) I will run a test this weekend when the students are
out drinking ;)

--
Kenneth R?rvik, IT HiO
Tlf 22 45 20 83
Kenneth.Rorvik at hio.no
RPM packages of varnish-1.0.3 available [ In reply to ]
Ingvar Hagelund <ingvar at linpro.no> writes:
> Most relevant changes in the rpm package: It's now three packages,
> varnish, libvarnish1 and libvarnish1-devel. This way it conforms more to
> the RedHat/Fedora standards. There are also some other small changes to
> make it pass the needle eye of rpmlint. Most intrusive, I converted the
> manpages to utf8. Dag-Erling, you might want to consider this for the
> upstream package too.

Fixed in trunk. Amusingly, the only non-ASCII characters were in my
name...

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
RPM packages of varnish-1.0.3 available [ In reply to ]
Ingvar Hagelund wrote :

> Most relevant changes in the rpm package: It's now three packages,
> varnish, libvarnish1 and libvarnish1-devel. This way it conforms more to
> the RedHat/Fedora standards.

Actually, this doesn't conform with Fedora/RedHat. I'd say it's
Mandrake-ish. For Fedora/RedHat, you should have split it as :
- varnish-libs
- varnish-devel
- varnish

But if nothing rebuilds against varnish, this split isn't really useful.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.05 0.06 0.02