should be considered for 2.x. Fingers crossed you get the funding, I'd
love to see it run Wikipedia.

-Arne
Urchin [ In reply to ]
Arne wrote:

> So if I understand you correctly (the list and the man-page) , then
> practically nothing on my website would be cached using the default
> configuration, due to (req.request == "GET" && req.http.cookie) ?
>
> Is there any way to ignore *only* the Google-cookies? They're
> consistently named __utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz

You might want to place this default vcl statement....

if (req.http.Authenticate || req.http.Cookie) {

... with something in the neighborhood of this

if (req.http.Authenticate || req.http.Cookie ~ "__ut=") {

/Anton
Urchin [ In reply to ]
I wrote:

> You might want to place this default vcl statement....

Please ignore that - it will have the opposite effect as intended. Sorry.

/Anton
Urchin [ In reply to ]
But then, if I know that all my cookies are named "mycookieA" and
"mycookieB", I could use
if (req.http.Authenticate || req.http.cookie "mycookie=") {
?

That would work too, for the types of sites that I run, it just requires
a bit more maintenance. I didn't realize that req.http.cookie is a
string, based on the examples I thought it was a boolean.

-Arne