so for now I believe it is still of no use to us.

Nils

*) https://social.treehouse.systems/@thesamesam/110697332121438807
Re: gcc -fanalyze fyi [ In reply to ]
--------
Nils Goroll writes:

> *) https://social.treehouse.systems/@thesamesam/110697332121438807

Yes, that is precisely the top priority item for GCC I have pointed
out for ages...

Or maybe not...

phk@FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
Re: gcc -fanalyze fyi [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 4:26?PM Nils Goroll <slink@schokola.de> wrote:

> FYI:
>
> Triggered by some promising news *) I built gcc trunk
> (0d2673e995f0dd69f406a34d2e87d2a25cf3c285) and tried -fanalyze.
>
> I looked at the first couple of reports and believe they were all false
> positives. Also it seems gcc does not offer a way to annotate false positives,
> so for now I believe it is still of no use to us.

I tried every major iteration of GCC's -fanalyze with great success on
small mostly-self-contained code bases, but past a certain size I only
get noise.

Dridi