Mailing List Archive

trac db, scarab2trac
Hi,

Can anyone point me at some info about the table layout of the trac
db? I am trying to write a script to import exported scarab issues
into the trac db, so I can migrate from scarab.

For example, what format are the time & changetime columns in?

Also, is there some way to view the tables? I run my script which
writes to the db and I don't see any errors, but when I try to view a
report from trac I see no issues... I am not sure if something is
going wrong writing to the db, or what I am writing to the db is
somehow incorrect (wrong format for time fields, etc?).

BTW, trac is the coolest thing since sliced bread... I'm really
looking fwd to migrating my project
(http://objectscript.sourceforge.net) to trac.

-- Rob

PS. Looking through the mailing list archives, I noticed the
suggestion of storing wiki pages in subversion... I would like to
second that suggestion, or at least a compromise solution to allow the
wiki viewer & editor to also edit/view files stored in the svn repo.
The wiki plus some custom python macros would be just the thing for
maintaining project docs. A command line script to render the html
(sans "edit" buttons) that could be run as part of the release process
would be pretty swell too.
trac db, scarab2trac [ In reply to ]
Hi Rob,

if you've got trac already installed just type:

sqlite /your/trac/test/installation/db/trac.db > trac.db.dump

You will get a sql-dump of the tracdb which is more ore less self explaining.

On 10/03/2004 08:40 PM, Rob Clark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone point me at some info about the table layout of the trac
> db? I am trying to write a script to import exported scarab issues
> into the trac db, so I can migrate from scarab.
>
> For example, what format are the time & changetime columns in?
>
> Also, is there some way to view the tables? I run my script which
> writes to the db and I don't see any errors, but when I try to view a
> report from trac I see no issues... I am not sure if something is
> going wrong writing to the db, or what I am writing to the db is
> somehow incorrect (wrong format for time fields, etc?).
>
> BTW, trac is the coolest thing since sliced bread... I'm really
> looking fwd to migrating my project
> (http://objectscript.sourceforge.net) to trac.

Regards
--
Eike Jordan <jordan@fiz-chemie.de>

trac db, scarab2trac [ In reply to ]
Correction:

On 10/07/2004 03:43 PM, Eike Jordan wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> if you've got trac already installed just type:
>
> sqlite /your/trac/test/installation/db/trac.db > trac.db.dump

sqlite /your/trac/test/installation/db/trac.db .dump > trac.db.dump

Sorry