completed...?

thanks..

-bruce
basic trac question... [ In reply to ]
hi...

took a look at trac.. and had a few basic questions.

is it possible to create a project, and allow different users to assume
different roles for a given file?

ie. if i have a file foo.pl that's being worked on, and i want to restrict
access to file to john as a developer, and sam as a tester, how could i do
that with trac?

also, does trac have any kind of 'workflow' built-in that allows the user to
check off when their portion of the development process has been
completed...?

thanks..

-bruce
basic trac question... [ In reply to ]
> is it possible to create a project, and allow different users to assume
> different roles for a given file?
>
> ie. if i have a file foo.pl that's being worked on, and i want to restrict
> access to file to john as a developer, and sam as a tester, how could i do
> that with trac?

No, Trac doesn't control the access to the files. I believe there's
work being done to restrict read access to the files based off of the
Authz file from Subversion. However, any restrictions you want to place
on who can write to a file doesn't affect Trac since it doesn't write to
the Subversion repository at all. So, basically any access restrictions
should be configured through Subversion, not Trac.

> also, does trac have any kind of 'workflow' built-in that allows the user to
> check off when their portion of the development process has been
> completed...?

Well, in a way that's what tickets are doing. As long as you have
tickets filed for all the tasks that need done on your project, and have
these tickets assigned to the responsible developer you can use the
reports to look at what remaining tasks developers need to complete. In
the development version you can also get a view of this information
under for a particular milestone by showing the status by the owner.

--
Matthew Good <trac@matt-good.net>