Mailing List Archive

In-line HTML in wiki pages
I came across what looks like a limitation in the wiki the other day. I
wanted to check there isn't a way to do what I wanted to before filing a
ticket.

Basically, I wanted to include some inline HTML within a paragraph. What
I tried looked like this:

some text {{{#!html <acronym title="...">...}}} para continues...

Unfortunately, that was treated as pre-formatted text rather than
invoking the HTML formatter. It gives the same results as if I don't
include the {{{ and }}}. Breaking it over multiple lines like this:

some text {{{
#!html
<acronym title="...">...
}}} para continues...

is even worse; now it renders the {{{ and }}} too! and putting the brace
groups on their own lines:

some text
{{{
#!html
<acronym title="...">...
}}}
para continues...

works but puts paragraph breaks before and after the HTML fragment.

So, is there any way to get in-line HTML markup within a paragraph? If
not, I'll file that ticket... :-)

L.
In-line HTML in wiki pages [ In reply to ]

> So, is there any way to get in-line HTML markup within a paragraph? If
> not, I'll file that ticket... :-)
I dont think you can do that currently. But ticket 673 would solve it.

In-line HTML in wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I've done a patch for ticket 673 against revision 921.

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/673

If you apply this patch you can write.

{{{
#!text/html

}}}

And get the text syntax highlighted instead of interpreted.

Cheers,

Toni

Re: In-line HTML in wiki pages [ In reply to ]
I don't think 673 covers what I want to do, it's dealing with how the
contents of a {{{ / }}} block is interpreted, not how such a block is
recognised / handled with a page.

L.

Re: In-line HTML in wiki pages [ In reply to ]
I might have misunderstood it. But I thought you wanted the possibility
to syntax highlight html code instead of interpreting it.

If you apply the patch for 673 and write.

{{{
#!text/html

<H1> Test <\H1>

}}}

Instead of getting a headline text you will have it syntax highlighted
as source code.

Wasnt this that you wanted?

/T

Re: In-line HTML in wiki pages [ In reply to ]
No, what I'm after is the ability to use the existing #!html but for
in-line text, i.e. including HTML markup within a paragraph rather than
only as a seperate paragraph.

L.

Re: In-line HTML in wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Patch in ticket #780. Fixes this for ReStructeredText

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/780

Cheers,

Toni