Mailing List Archive

How to change the repos path.
Hi,

I have a running trac enviroment with some wikipages. But I want
to move my subversion repository to another place.

Does anybody know how to change the repository one wants to use.
I couldnt find anything in trac-admin.

/T
How to change the repos path. [ In reply to ]
Toni Brkic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a running trac enviroment with some wikipages. But I want
> to move my subversion repository to another place.
>
> Does anybody know how to change the repository one wants to use.
> I couldnt find anything in trac-admin.

It is in your trac.ini file: <trac_dir>/<projectname>/conf:

repository_dir = /data/svn/beowulf

* *
* Bas van der Vlies e-mail: basv@sara.nl *
* SARA - Academic Computing Services phone: +31 20 592 8012 *
* Kruislaan 415 fax: +31 20 6683167 *
* 1098 SJ Amsterdam *
* *
How to change the repos path. [ In reply to ]
This raises a question. When you initialise a project, trac populates
the db file with the svn log entries. If you move the repository, does
it re-do this step?

What happens if I point a trac project at a different repository (I'm
too scared to try this myself :) )

How to change the repos path. [ In reply to ]
Terry Dooher wrote:
> This raises a question. When you initialise a project, trac populates
> the db file with the svn log entries. If you move the repository, does
> it re-do this step?
>
> What happens if I point a trac project at a different repository (I'm
> too scared to try this myself :) )
I just did it it and it worked:-)
But I think you have to do resync from trac-admin. To redo
the svn log entries.

/Toni
How to change the repos path. [ In reply to ]
it's the same repository relocated or a new another ?

if it's the same, souldn't be a problem, else use the "resync" command
to trac-admin (available only in trunk)