Mailing List Archive

Installing Trac under Mandrake Linux
Hello,

I'm attempting to install 0.7.1 under Mandrake Linux 10 and running into an rpm nightmare... Has anyone out there had any luck getting Trac installed under Mandrake? If so, please sends some hints...

As of now, I'm attempting to install the following packages:

clearsilver-0.9.10-4mdk.i586.rpm
glibc-2.3.4-0.20040505.1.i386.rpm
glibc-misc-2.3.4-0.20040505.1.i386.rpm
sqlite-2.8.15-1.i386.rpm
trac-0.7.1-1mdk.noarch.rpm

I'm having to install glibc-2.3.4 because clearsilver is requiring it. This whole glibc thing is causing the main problems...

When I attempt to install the previously mentioned rpms, I get...

---8<---

[root@linux trac]# rpm -ivh *.rpm
warning: clearsilver-0.9.10-4mdk.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 26752624
error: Failed dependencies:
ld.so < 1.9.9-10 conflicts with glibc-2.3.4-0.20040505.1
libreadline.so.4 is needed by sqlite-2.8.15-1
python-clearsilver is needed by trac-0.7.1-1mdk
python-sqlite is needed by trac-0.7.1-1mdk

---8<---

Any ideas?

Regards,

----
Jeff Lanzarotta
Installing Trac under Mandrake Linux [ In reply to ]
i would install clearsilver from source, glibc upgrades are non trivial
things afaicr on rpm based systems. after the source install i would
force the trac rpm install.

two cents,

-kapil

Installing Trac under Mandrake Linux [ In reply to ]
Cool, I've give that a try...

Thanks.

Installing Trac under Mandrake Linux [ In reply to ]
Well, I think I'm almost there...

Now I went ahead and installed EVERYTHING from source. Now when I
attempt to run 'trac-admin', I get this:

---8<---
[root@linux trac-0.7.1]# trac-admin
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/trac-admin", line 30, in ?
import sqlite
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlite/__init__.py", line 1, in
?
import _sqlite
ImportError: libsqlite.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
---8<---

So, I did a locate of 'libsqlite.so.0' and found this...

---8<---
[root@linux trac-0.7.1]# locate libsqlite.so.0
/usr/local/lib/libsqlite.so.0.8.6
/usr/local/lib/libsqlite.so.0
---8<---

Any ideas why it's not picking up libsqlite.so.0? I know nothing about
python...

Installing Trac under Mandrake Linux [ In reply to ]
Hallo,

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:53:11 -0400, Jeff Lanzarotta
<lanzarottaj@rogersltd.com> wrote:

> Any ideas why it's not picking up libsqlite.so.0? I know nothing about
> python...

Have you run 'ldconfig'?

-alex
Installing Trac under Mandrake Linux [ In reply to ]
Nope, I sure didn't... I guess that would cause a problem? :^)