Mailing List Archive

Anonymous user gets blank page if no permissions allowed them
I use Trac to setup private team wikis. I move all anonymous permissions
over to authenticated users.

The last system I set up was Trac 1.4.3 with Account Manager Plugin Trunk.
In this setup, anonymous users would get the wiki web page header, footer
and an error message saying they need to log in.

My latest setup is Trac 1.6 with Account Manager Plugin Trunk. In this
setup, anonymous users get a blank web page. Literally:

<head></head>

I'm looking for any info on whats going on here?

Or info on how the permission system works, so I can try to debug it myself.

Thanks in advance!
Richard.

Re: Anonymous user gets blank page if no permissions allowed them [ In reply to ]
I found a work around! Using a very old Plugin "TracPermRedirect
<https://pypi.org/project/TracPermRedirect/>"

Just a pip install TracPermRedirect, then enabled it in Plugins Admin.
Defaults worked fine. My Python Anywhere server is set to redirect
everything to HTTPS.

No anonymous user gets the same result as I had before on Trac 1.4.3. They
get the page header, footer, and the login form.

I would still be interested to understand *why* but I have bigger fish to
fry now.